Frequently asked questions
What do I need to use Muses Radio Player?
In order to use Muses Radio Player, you need three things.
- One working streaming signal (or streaming URL):
This streaming signal must use MP3, OGG or AAC codecs, and it must came for an Icecast, Shoutcast or any compatible streaming server.
Note: If you don't know your streaming URL, you should ask your streaming provider for it.
- One website where to place the player:
Remember that Muses Radio Player is a Web Player, so it must be installed on a website. So, make sure you have access to your website files, content management system or control panel.
- Your HTML code for the player:
Once you have both (streaming url and website), you just need to generate your player HTML code and place it on your website. Muses provides this interactive tool that makes this super-easy (but you can hand write or modify this code yourself if you want).
- What is Muses Radio Player?
- Was Muses named FFMp3 in the past?
- What do I need to use Muses Radio Player?
- How can I put Muses Radio Player on my blog?
- I already have my streaming URL, how can I install Muses Radio Player on my site?
- I don't have a streaming URL (or streaming provider), where can I get one?
- I have the streaming signal, but I can't get Muses Radio Player working. What should I check?
- The audio cuts every few seconds. What's happening?
- When I use OGG audio, it sounds crappy/metallic. What's happening?
- When I use OGG audio, it sounds stretchy/pitched. What's happening?
- When I use OGG or AAC audio, I get a Security Error Message. What's happening?
- I've installed crossdomain.xml, but I'm still getting "Security Error" Message. What should I check?
- Muses Radio Player says it handles memory consumption and cache. How does it make it?
- Does Muses Radio Player sends any information concerning my site to any other site?
- I can't find my language listed in Muses Radio Player. What can I do?
- What should I use Event Callbacks for?
- I'm using shoutcast, and I'm quite sure everything is well configured, but my streaming still wont play. What can I try?
- What's a fallback streaming and how can I use this feature?
- What does metadata means?
- How to force the HTML5 version of the player?
- How to remove the "Click-To-Play" / "White play button" that appears on top of my player?
- Can I use the streaming metadata information with Muses Radio Player?
- I'm using AAC codec but it sounds really bad, and sometimes it doesn't even sound at all.
What should I check?
- I've placed the generated HTML code into my .html file, but when I open this file on my browser directly from my hard-drive I don't see the player. What's happening?
- How can I make my own Skin for Muses?
- How can I make sure my player works on every browser?