Frequently asked questions
What should I use Event Callbacks for?
Ok, this is a good question. Event Callbacks is a feature designed to provide power to web developers. Some suggested uses for this feature are:
- Storing User Preferences You can store the user's last selected volume in a cookie for future reference.
- Change the UI You can change some stuff on the website when users starts/stops playing or changes the volume.
- Collect Statistics If you store events with date/time attached, you can get information about how much time people spends listening your streaming, peak audience hours, or any other report you can build with this information.
- Other stuff You should use this for whatever you find it useful.
- What is Muses Radio Player?
- Was Muses named FFMp3 in the past?
- What do I need to use Muses Radio Player?
- How can I put Muses Radio Player on my blog?
- I already have my streaming URL, how can I install Muses Radio Player on my site?
- I don't have a streaming URL (or streaming provider), where can I get one?
- I have the streaming signal, but I can't get Muses Radio Player working. What should I check?
- The audio cuts every few seconds. What's happening?
- When I use OGG audio, it sounds crappy/metallic. What's happening?
- When I use OGG audio, it sounds stretchy/pitched. What's happening?
- When I use OGG or AAC audio, I get a Security Error Message. What's happening?
- I've installed crossdomain.xml, but I'm still getting "Security Error" Message. What should I check?
- Muses Radio Player says it handles memory consumption and cache. How does it make it?
- Does Muses Radio Player sends any information concerning my site to any other site?
- I can't find my language listed in Muses Radio Player. What can I do?
- What should I use Event Callbacks for?
- I'm using shoutcast, and I'm quite sure everything is well configured, but my streaming still wont play. What can I try?
- What's a fallback streaming and how can I use this feature?
- What does metadata means?
- How to force the HTML5 version of the player?
- How to remove the "Click-To-Play" / "White play button" that appears on top of my player?
- Can I use the streaming metadata information with Muses Radio Player?
- I'm using AAC codec but it sounds really bad, and sometimes it doesn't even sound at all.
What should I check?
- I've placed the generated HTML code into my .html file, but when I open this file on my browser directly from my hard-drive I don't see the player. What's happening?
- How can I make my own Skin for Muses?
- How can I make sure my player works on every browser?