Frequently asked questions
I've installed crossdomain.xml, but I'm still getting "Security Error" Message. What should I check?
Most probably, your server is not serving crossdomain.xml file correctly.
To check if crossdomain.xml is correctly installed and served, try opening it from your web-browser by entering http://YOURSTREAMINGSERVER.COM:PORT/crossdomain.xml. Then, one of three things may happen:
- You get a 404/500/504/file not found Error: This means that the crossdomain.xml is not where it sould be, or can't be read by icecast.
- You are prompted to download crossdomain.xml to your computer: This means that your streaming server isn't serving crossdomain.xml file correctly. The most common scenario, is that icecast doesn't have right mime.types for xml and/or ogg/aac files (very common situation in windows installations).
One thing you should try, is to copy some apache mime.types file inside your icecast directory (on windows should be "C:\Program Files\Icecast2 Win32") and restart icecast service. Please check here for more details on this issue.
- You see the XML file inside your browser: If this is your case, then crossdomain.xml is correctly installed and served. You sould check XML file format and hosts restrictions.
- What is Muses Radio Player?
- Was Muses named FFMp3 in the past?
- What do I need to use Muses Radio Player?
- How can I put Muses Radio Player on my blog?
- I already have my streaming URL, how can I install Muses Radio Player on my site?
- I don't have a streaming URL (or streaming provider), where can I get one?
- I have the streaming signal, but I can't get Muses Radio Player working. What should I check?
- The audio cuts every few seconds. What's happening?
- When I use OGG audio, it sounds crappy/metallic. What's happening?
- When I use OGG audio, it sounds stretchy/pitched. What's happening?
- When I use OGG or AAC audio, I get a Security Error Message. What's happening?
- I've installed crossdomain.xml, but I'm still getting "Security Error" Message. What should I check?
- Muses Radio Player says it handles memory consumption and cache. How does it make it?
- Does Muses Radio Player sends any information concerning my site to any other site?
- I can't find my language listed in Muses Radio Player. What can I do?
- What should I use Event Callbacks for?
- I'm using shoutcast, and I'm quite sure everything is well configured, but my streaming still wont play. What can I try?
- What's a fallback streaming and how can I use this feature?
- What does metadata means?
- How to force the HTML5 version of the player?
- How to remove the "Click-To-Play" / "White play button" that appears on top of my player?
- Can I use the streaming metadata information with Muses Radio Player?
- I'm using AAC codec but it sounds really bad, and sometimes it doesn't even sound at all.
What should I check?
- I've placed the generated HTML code into my .html file, but when I open this file on my browser directly from my hard-drive I don't see the player. What's happening?
- How can I make my own Skin for Muses?
- How can I make sure my player works on every browser?